Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Free E-Course to Help You Find Balance in Your Life

Edited as of May 2015: This ecourse has been reworked, and will be available in the upcoming Multipassionate Must Haves bundle. Over the past couple of months, I've been working on something I'm pretty passionate about. It's a free five day e-course, focused on helping you identify your priorities, and then defining balance in your own life.


This course came out of the work we led on our October retreat. We spent a whole day going through exercises that helped our participants narrow down a list of what's most important to them. In turn, that list got reworked in a couple of different ways, allowing each person to identify the things they want to keep in their life, and ultimately helped them to define the top things for them to keep doing.

Along the way, we talked about things we might let go of, or say no to. Saying "no" to things is an important step in finding and maintaining balance.

I'll say upfront that this is not easy work. It takes making time for reflection, for digging deep, and for getting honest about what YOU want for your life, and what you want and need to keep in your life.

That said, there's also no better time to tackle these things.

What you'll get from signing up:
- an email every day for five days
- a link each day to a new, thought provoking worksheet for you to download and keep that I created just for this course
- opportunities to join in a larger community conversation as you go
- prompts to journal and brainstorm on your own

Here's a peek at why my own first brain dump looked like the day of the retreat. I wrote this list out in front of our participants as an example of everything that was stuck in my brain that day, on my never-ending mental to-do list. It's not fancy, and I didn't use a filter on what I put on the list. As it hit my brain, I wrotie it.

This is where you'll start, with a brain dump of ALL the things are you're balancing.


As a side note, I've already done the thank you notes from our wedding, and gotten my windshield wipers changed. I've started writing and blogging more. Even just getting the first step done offered me more brain space and the ability to take a look at a few of the things that I need to tackle.

I encourage you to start, right now! We got such great feedback that day that I knew I HAD to share these exercises with you.

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life."

Oh, and P.S. "Nose" is the name of our fish. Just in case that line made you do a doubletake. Zoom named him.

4 comments:

Jenna @ Promo Analyzer said...

Love this Paula! Just signed up for the emails. I look forward to reading the emails on my train ride to work in the morning, and then maybe again on the way home to remind myself to find balance. I also now want a white board!

Paula said...

Yay Jenna, I'm so glad you're going to go through the course. Please let me know what you think of it. I love working with white boards ... I have a little one at my work desk, but that bigger one is at the retreat center. :)

margaret said...

I was going to ask about Nose/Fish!
And accidentally hit subscribe twice--the interwebs are still hard for me :)

Paula said...

LOL, Zoom named him and well, it's kind of a funny name for fish. Here's why he was on the list ... we got Z a pet to help him learn to take care of things. Of course, the fish is no longer new and no longer really interesting so it falls to Mom (me) to clean him and remember to feed him. He's something to balance.

Email me if you have any questions about the course :)