Thursday, March 28, 2013

Welcome and Happy Easter Weekend!

Happy Friday! Welcome to all of my SITstahs!!

I'm super excited that it's my SITS day today :) Please take some time to look around and make yourself at home. I sure hope you'll take a moment to follow Welcoming Spirit, and check us out on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

Welcoming Spirit is a place where I share about our home renovations, DIY projects, stories about our 2 1/2 year old son (he goes by Zoom around here), and spiritual reflections.

This blog started in 2008 as a way for me to chronicle, journal, and share my journey as a retreat leader. Leading retreats and sharing my writings with people is my passion (even though I'm a project manager by day, which I also love), and I've been delighted by the study of religion since way back in college. For my master's degree, I went to Yale Divinity School, which was an amazing experience. I have to admit that I'd love to be a full time speaker / retreat leader and blogger. Some day it will happen :)

In the mean time, we bought a 1971 "casita" last year; it was a short sale and we've spent a lot of time dolling it up. Last year we redid the floors, painted the whole house, and put a new roof on the place. This year, we need a new garage door (there are mushrooms growing in ours...how does that even happen?!?), and we are going to paint the kitchen cabinets. Wish us luck ;-)

Over the past couple of months, I've done few fun projects around the house.

I created a feed sack bulletin board:

Corkboard Redo

I stenciled our hallway and dining room:

Hall After

I updated the hardware on our front door, and shared my steps on "how to paint a peephole" ("peep" - it's even Easter-themed!):
doorpeephole

And we took a trip to The Sea Ranch:

searanchzoom

Lent has been a "big" season for me; my former room mate from Divinity School and I have been leading a Facebook group and posting reflections every day. If you want to read those posts, you can see them on the Lent link in the navigation. And my Good Friday (that's today!) post is also up for reading :)

And, if you want to link up to a Wednesday Linky Party, my friend Kristen and I host those every week. You can check out our writing prompt calendar in the side bar --->

Zoom and Sean and I want to wish you a very Happy Easter, and thank you for stopping by! I sure hope you'll leave a comment or two, and follow along for our future adventures. 

happyeaster

38 comments:

Lauren Hesterman said...

I think I found you early because I'm on China time, SO, congrats on your SITS day! We've just moved from the bay area (to China), so I'll be sure to check you out when I'm needing a dose of home!

Lynn Kellan said...

Happy Easter to you, too, Paula! Lovely to meet you from SITS!!

Janine Huldie said...

Happy Easter to you and again congrats on SITS Day. Am happily following you on FB, Twitter and Pinterest, too now. That Peeps Door Knob is awesome by the way!! :)

kelly thompson said...

Hi, saying hi from SITS...Love your space, thank you for sharing!

Alison said...

Enjoy your SITS Day, Paula!

Denise Bertacchi said...

Happy SITS Day--you take great photos! I had to pin the one of the kiddo on the beach. Awesome!!

Angela said...

Congratulations on your SITS day, I really enjoy your blog.

Janene Krajci Christine Hutchinson said...

We just moved into a new home 3 months ago and I'm looking for ways to "update" it! Can't wait to look around and see what fun projects I can find!

Happy SITS Day!

Tess said...

Happy SITS day!
Love DIY projects. Great blog!

Cher-Ann Texter said...

Have a fabulous SITS day! L.O.V.E. the projects you've created!!

Cher @ Designs by Studio C
http://designsbystudioc.com

misssrobin said...

Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's a fabulous day for you.

anothercleanslate said...

Happy SITS Day and Happy Easter weekend too! Love your photos. I am going to check out how you made the bulletin board. Thanks for sharing!

MommiFried said...

Happy SITS Day once again! Your blog is lovely!

Eva Gallant said...

Congratulations on your SITS day! Enjoy the spotlight while it shines on you! Zoom is adorable...love the photo of him in a pot! And your stenciling is beautiful?!!! You are obviously very talented at DIY! I am envious!

The Dose of Reality said...

Happy SITS day to you! :) Your blog is beautiful!

Kristen said...

Happy SITS Day! I can't believe you stenciled the hallway. That looks absolutely amazing! Great job!

Tamara Camera said...

Happy Easter and Happy SITS Day. What a unique blog - I think I'll have a good time here.

Paula said...

Thank you Tamara :) enjoy your stay!

Paula said...

Lauren - Congratulations on your move! That is very exciting. Ill be sure and post photos the next time I visit SF. Yay for the first comment today :)

Paula said...

Lovely to meet you, too Lynn. Happy Easter to you :)

Paula said...

Thank you for the follows, Janine! I'm following you right back :)

Shana Trotter said...

wow you have some wonderful stuff on your blog. SITS is def expanding my horizon. Have a wonderful SITS day. Enjoy!

Christina Shoemaker said...

So happy to have discovered your blog through SITS! Following you now and looking forward to getting to know you!

Christina
www.onceuponagiggle.com

Jennifer West said...

Happy SITS Day!! Your stenciled hallway looks AMAZINGLY awesome, btw! Have a wonderful day, enjoy your time in the spotlight, and have wonderful Easter weekend.

Jennifer @ PinkWhen.com

Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady said...

Your site is beautiful, Happy SITS Day!

Charlotte Klein said...

What an incredibly sweet blog you have here! So very happy to stop in (and love your design ideas, including the stenciled walls. SO beautiful!).

Wishing you a very happy SITS day and an even happier Easter :)

Paula said...

Thank you Kelly!

Paula said...

Happy Friday to you, Alison!

Paula said...

Thank you, Denise! He's a funny little dude and we had so much fun that day :)

Michelle Nahom said...

Your stencil project is amazing!! Definitely subscribing to your blog...love your ideas!

menopausal mama said...

Wow! You've done so much to the house--it looks incredible! Just stopping by to wish you a happy SITS day!

Leslie Gray Streeter said...

What a gorgeous house, lovely boy and beautiful spirit you have! Congrats!

Paula said...

Thanks, Leslie! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jeanine Tribley said...

Just tried to leave a comment so if its duplicated sorry!

Happy SITS Day...and congrats on the Blog, so inspirational,

I love your stencilled walls, so gorgeous!

Tahnya Kristina said...

I am visiting for the first time from SITS and I have to tell you that I love your blog. I think it's great that you are so crafty, I wish I was. Happy Easter!

Spatulas On Parade - Dawn said...

Happy SITS Day and Happy Easter. Love the hall stenciled walls and the hutch. Beautiful job

kylie said...

Wow wow! Super fab job on the stencilling of the hallway - THAT is a lot of work and you did a great job - looks very homey :)

cozycabinnews said...

You have a lovely blog Paula. I will be checking in frequently to see what is new.