Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stenciling the Hall and Dining Room

The stenciling job in the hall and dining room is complete! It took about 21 hours to do this, working over three days. You can read about the updates of each day here, here, and here.

Here's a picture from before we moved in, with the previous owner's furniture. Note the carpet (which we ripped out), and wall colors (that we painted over). The bookshelves on the left were super cute but not built-in.
40565530_8_0

Here's the dining room just after Christmas.
Dining Room Before

And looking down the hall way towards the master bedroom:
Hallway: Before

Here is the room once I'd finished stenciling!
Dining Room After


The hall way:
Hall After



The dining room:
Dining Room: After


I'm really happy with how the stencil turned out! It gives the room a lot more depth and character. I worked with an "all over" one from Cutting Edge Stencils, and found it fairly easy to use.

Here's the before and after again so you don't have to scroll back and forth:
Dining Room Before

Dining Room After

We also added a fireplace (it was our Christmas gift to each other). Next up for the dining room is likely adding a banquette, and moving the table over against the wall to the right. I'm thinking it will be a large built-in eating area with some storage and bookshelves, but we will see how it plays out.

Have you done any stenciling? How did it go?

Linking up with:
Social Hop Like Crazy Gingerly Made

12 comments:

Denyse @ Crazy Beautiful Life said...

Thanks looks great! And, Kudos to you for stenciling that whole wall. I stenciled curtains and that was enough for me. :-)

I'm having a STRUT YOUR STUFF Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and come show off your best projects. Or, just come link up your blog!!

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/strut-your-stuff-social-hop.html

I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

Ginger Bergemann said...

It looks great! Stenciling just adds so much character.

I'd love if you shared this project at my Show & Tell party this week. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/01/show-tell-10.html

Liz said...

It looks great!

Bev Feldman said...

That looks incredible, very inspiring for when I'm (hopefully) a home-owners one day! Happy SITS day :-)

Nicole Nenninger said...

Wow! What a difference the stencilled wall makes! Okay, you've inspired me to take action on my own home. You've done some great work--can't wait to see what else you're up to in the future!

misssrobin said...

It looks amazing! You did a beautiful job. And what a difference it makes. I love the fireplace, too. Good choice.

Sheila Skillingstead said...

I love that you gifted each other a fireplace for Christmas. We did that one year and have never regretted it. Enjoy your SITS Day.

Organized Island said...

Oh that looks so pretty! I have not tried stenciling on the wall yet. One of these days I will have to try it. Happy SITS Day!

Adrienn TUJ said...

WOW! What a difference a wall makes! Love your house...you have great decorating talent. Have a great SITS day!

Rabia said...

I'll bet that took forever!! My brother was about to kill me for requesting stripes on the nursery walls when I was pregnant with my first!

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Your wall looks great! Happy SITS Day!

Ashley Ellis said...

Gorgeous!! I stenciled my son's room and it took me WEEKS and I've never really loved it. This looks fabulous!!!