Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Table and Placesetting Decoration Ideas

Last weekend I was in Kansas City, Missouri and had the pleasure of doing some window shopping. What with our new roof, burst pipe, and new house, we're a little tapped for funds at the moment, but there were so many pretty ideas, that I'm sure I can DIY my way into a unique Christmas table this year :)

Here's a gorgeous table top at Nell Hill's store in Briarcliff, which is just north of Kansas City. We had to pass by on my way to drop off a rental car at the airport, so my Mom and I met here and did a little browsing.

Here's one of the tablescapes at Nell Hill's, and it oozes Mary Carol Garrity's signature layered look. I love her stores. Everything is so lovely, and she has such a classic take on the modern look.
Untitled


Check out this glittery, craggy tree. I love it! It was made of wire, and quite heavy, and expensive. I couldn't justify lugging something that heavy across the country, but I could see something nearly as pretty being made from some tree trimmings from the yard and a good bit of dark silver glitter and glue.

Untitled


Another little store, called "Pear Tree" at the Crestwood Shops had some awesome ideas for place settings. This adorable paperwhite arrangement, in a tiny bird vase sits in a pretty glass bowl of cranberries. This is something that could easily be recreated with things from around the house :)

Untitled


And here's another tree inspired table scape, also at "Pear Tree." The candle stick holders were drilled for candles, and covered in natural moss and twigs. I think that this would not be too hard to recreate at home; it may take finding the right tree limbs, and then visiting Michael's to finish off the decorative look. Dont' you just love that owl to the left? I like the idea of adding a little bit of somethign unexpected to a table scape.
Untitled

1 comment:

Liz said...

All of those place settings are just so pretty! I don't have a single doubt that you could DIY it! I'm sure your table would be just as pretty!