Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Un-40" Fall Fashion: Weekend Picks for Petites

I'm taking a leap and venturing in to new territory for Welcoming Spirit today. I hope you'll enjoy it :) I'm diving in to ... clothes!


The recap on my fall fashion mission? Un-40 looking (as in years old). Must be petite sized. Must be pretty, and must be inexpensive.

OK, so let's go shopping for some weekend clothes! I'm linking up to my finds so you can shop along :)

Jeans and tops:
1. Lucky Jeans $49.99: I already own a pair of these, and they fit like butter. I got them out the outlets near us for $45 each, a real steal. I'll pair them with my other purchases for a fall look.

2. Orange Skinny Jeans $46.00: I don't yet own any skinny jeans, but I see them everywhere. I feel like it's time to jump on the bandwagon and buy some.

3. White Tunic $41.54: Long, cute, light-weight, this one really speaks to me.

4. Gray Shirt $22.99: This one seems a bit edgy, but flexible. I like that it's loose fitting, and that it's available at Target.

Dresses
 5. Yellow Flutter Sleeve $19.99: I love this flowy dress, and feel like it would be an easy one to grab and wear, without looking like I was in a hurry to run out the door. Same with...

6. Gray Flutter Sleeve $19.99 

7. Polka dot Shirt $27.99: Admittedly, a little more "formal" than the other two dresses, this seems like something that could also double for a work outfit during the week.

Accessories
8. Gray Purse $92.25: This is the priciest of the items on my list. But, I'm with Sherry on my philosophy for purses; I buy something I will love for a year or more. So, I'm on the fence about this one, but I think it's adorable.

9. Skull Scarf $18.00: This speaks to my humorous side. I love it, and love that it would be a funny nod to Halloween this month. There's something funny about a short woman wearing a scarf like this.

10. Gray flats $44.00: I have not yet bought a pair of Toms shoes, but love the story (for every pair you buy, they donate a pair). I like how they look, and I like that they'd be an easy thing to put on for the weekend.

So what do you think? Anything you're going to run out and get? What are you wearing this season? Help a mother out ;-)

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Thanks for the follow, I will be following along with you too!

Cindy said...

I liked everything you picked. I wear my Toms all the time. I bought them because of their story and I heard good things about their comfort. They really are super comfortable and great for weekend errands. Oh, and I love the scarf!

A Joyful Noise said...

It has been over a year now, that I was a shut in, and needed a new dress. I found a place on line with reasonable clothing and made some purchases. I get complements at my church when I wear these dresses. Thank you for entering your story at "Tell Me a Story" and I hope you will return. I have entered my latest story on yours.

Paula said...

Cindy - I'm glad to hear that Toms are comfortable. A coworker got some, and I thought they were adorable.

Hazel, thank you for joining the blog hop. I love shopping online. I haven't bought much recently, but it's always a nice way to window shop from home, too :)