Friday, October 12, 2012

5 Minute Friday: Slowing Down into Fall

This week has been one of chaos. I remember reading one blog post about how Fall is the Season of winding down, of coming to a pause, of taking a breath. That the Summer is full of growth, long days, packed with excitement. Even the days are longer, letting us all do more. But Fall, well, it's a time to start to rest.

I am thrilled to be embarking on this season. We are getting through a Season where we have bought a new house, we've had both cars in the shop (yes the one was found after it was stolen, and our newer one got scuffed up by a shop owner while getting its oil changed?!?), we've been painting and updating, and doing as much as we can. I owed money to the IRS due to a slight mistake (Turbo Tax!) and have paid that off.

Now we're getting near the end of all of this planning; our roof will be redone next month and with that, I will feel like I can breathe. This will feel good. And yet this week still feels like just a little more to do, a little more to plan, before we get to mid November :) And then we can slow down and breathe a bit, and ease in to Fall.

2 comments:

Sage Grayson said...

I agree. I tend to want to "hunker down" in the fall. Most evenings are spent playing board games, watching movies, or curling up on the couch with a good book. Fall is absolutely my favorite season. I like being about to pause and start fresh. :)

Liz said...

I wish Fall was a time of rest for me. Yard work galore and fall house cleaning. I'll get some rest around January, when it gets bitter cold.

So glad that your stolen car was found. I hope it wasn't mistreated too bad.