Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcoming Spirit Blog Hop #9: We Shall Get There One Day


Welcome to this week's blog hop. I found a quote that really speaks to me this week, and it's a quote about patience. Patience is one of those things that are very hard for me. We have been doing a lot of waiting these last few weeks, all for things around our new house to-be. It's a short sale, so there's lots of waiting. And it's the kind of waiting where waiting is really all you can do; nothing I can do can make a bank move faster, get an inspection done sooner, or cause people to get back to us. No, we just wait.


The good part of this waiting is that I've done a fair share of day dreaming and adding things to my Pinterest boards. You can check out my boards for Master Bedroom, Kitchen, and  For the Home. I dream of paint colors, of an oaken hardwood floor, of our plants thriving in their own yard.

Some of our waiting gets a reprieve tomorrow. We get to go see the house again, and we are meeting with a contractor to talk about knocking down a wall! (so maybe I watch a little too much HGTV, but a girl has dreams.) And redoing the floors and painting. Later I dream of opening up the kitchen to the dining room and living room. Later, much later.

we shall get there one day

"Rivers know this; there is no hurry. We shall get there one day."  - A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh













It's time to link up and get hopping! Please share a post about patience below. If you'd like to support the hop and grab the code for your blog, that would make me smile, too :)


3 comments:

Musings by Robert said...

It does take time, and patience. Do not give up.

MrsP said...

I sometimes remember that patience has little to do with the thing we are waiting for, but everything to do with the character and trust built in the waiting. Bless you as you build your real house.

Paula said...

Thank you :) to you both! I love your thoughts on patience MrsP. Very well put!