Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Welcoming Spirit Blog Hop #3

I'm so glad you all are back again for the Welcoming Spirit Blog Hop. Last week, we had some very thoughtful and deep posts shared on the hop. I'm so grateful for everyone who shared their work. Thank you :) for writing, for sharing, for being you!

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the words of Sister Mary Beth Ingham, a professor at the Franciscan School of Theology. She led part of a retreat I attended last weekend; and her explanation on Franciscan theology was inspiring. Simply put, it's a theology that embraces the idea that life is full of beauty, and God's creation is full of goodness and beauty. God has promised that He will be present with us for our journey, present in a way that goes beyond the physical realm. He will be there, in our hearts, deeply rooted, in everything we see, in every bit of Creation we experience. He is there, in every bit of beauty, in every smile, every flower, every person. The Creation is good, we are good, and God wants us to thrive in the beauty He's created. I'm glad I got to spend some time away from the busy-ness of life. It's so important to be reminded of these things.

I never promised it would be easy.

So please share an inspiring post! After you've posted, please take a moment to visit a couple of other blogs and leave a comment of support for each other. Looking for some other hops? Stop by a couple of other fellow Wednesday blog hops: Winsome Wednesday at My Daily Walk in His Grace and Women Living Well Wednesdays.









It's time to link up and get hopping! and if you'd like to support the hop and grab the code for your blog, that would make me smile, too :)

7 comments:

Gail Purath said...

Hi Paula! It is a good practice to look for God's beauty in everything.
Nice to meet you and your blog.

Paula said...

Thanks, Gail! So glad you're here :)

Shanda said...

What a wise Sister. I do believe there is beauty everywhere if we but look. I linked up :)

A Joyful Noise said...

Thank you for your invitation to add my post to your blog hop. I didn't realize you had two hops and by error entered both. Thank you for visiting my blog hop: Tell me a True Story at:
http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

No worries :) I can remove the one from the Kid's Craft linky. I'm so glad you posted your link! And welcome!

A New Song said...

I am Hazel's Foster daughter and am so happy to join you today.

Ms. Kathleen said...

So true... Love the picture and scripture. Sometimes though I think we make it harder than it should be because we resist. Just a thought of course. Have a fabulous day!