Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Photos: San Damiano, A Lovely Place to Retreat

Tomorrow I get to go out to San Damiano Retreat in Danville, California. It's out near where I grew up and went to high school. While it's only about an hour away, it always feels like going "home" in some ways. My parents moved away after I graduated from college, and so this has become the place that I can sit and gaze at my favorite mountain on a pretty deck:
Mount Diablo from San Damiano


Or wander in a garden:
San Damiano from the Canticle Garden

Or feel at peace in a pretty courtyard in the warm sun:
Angel at San Damiano

I'm lucky enough to get to be on their board of advisors, and to lead retreats there, too. My heart sings when I am there, and I'm so glad that I've gotten to know many of the people that work, live, and attend retreats there, too.

I hope you'll do a little something to restore your spirits this weekend. Let me know if I can say a little prayer for you over the weekend at San Damiano. Just comment below :)

4 comments:

emily wierenga said...

what a beautiful place you have here, friend. a place of ministry. so glad to have met you! e.

Anne said...

It's been a while since I've gone on a retreat. I'm happy you have this place, hope I find one too.

Paula said...

Thank you, Emily and Anne! I'm so glad you both stopped by :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Enjoy every moment.