Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golf Ball Art for Toddlers

Zoom and I did a little art project today. We used golf balls and finger paint and created some pretty cool paintings.

For supplies, we used finger paint in primary colors, a box leftover from Christmas gifts, and paper. I cut the box so that it acted like a tray to hold the paper.

Golf Ball 10

We used some paper bowls to coat the golf balls with paint.

Red Golf Ball

And then Zoom picked which colors to use, and we dropped in the box, and let 'em roll!

Red Art with Golf Ball

He held one side of the box, and I held the other. We laughed as we raised the sides and made the ball roll around. We also talked about what color we were using, and talked about putting the ball "in" and taking it "out" of the box.

Golf Ball 5

We finished four before it was time for dinner!


What fun projects have you tackled this week?
Paula


Creations by Kara

4 comments:

crazymelvis said...

That is a fantastic idea.

Paula said...

Thank you - I think this will morph into a Valentine's Day card project in the next week or so :)

Crafty Mischief said...

This is awesome! And I don't know that it's just a toddler project, my 10, 9 and 6 year olds would get a kick out of it! I found you through Kara's Creations. Thanks for sharing! :)

Paula said...

Thanks, Crafty :) It was a super fun project, and it makes some great art. I think you could probably come up with something cool to put in a child's room, or make as gift wrap.