Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3: Family Time

Day 3: Spending cherished time with family, shopping local

We started our day by waking up and going to Denny's. It's not always my favorite place, but I'm going to admit...I suggested we go there because I know Sean likes it there. And it's a good place to take Zoom because it's low key and they do a good job of getting the food out quickly. Sean had already agreed to go to a big warehouse sale with me, so I felt it was important to reciprocate that generous act with suggesting a breakfast place in the same altruistic spirit. I was impressed that Denny's currently has a "Toys for Tots" campaign going on.

We went shopping in the Dogpatch area of San Francisco at a warehouse sale. There were so many cool and talented artists, and the prices were beyond good. We had been to this sale once before, and it makes me feel good to buy from local people. This helps the economy, it encourages people to follow their dreams, and it allows those of us in the 99% to support other people who are working hard to make ends meet. And, you often get to meet the artists and find out a bit about them. My Christmas shopping is now nearly done :)

After Zoom took a nap, we went back out and met up with my sister and her family. When we got home, we put together our tree. Zoom likes the lights and liked seeing it being put together (it's fake). After the tree was up, we sat on the couch and watched a Christmas special together, all three of us. It was nice to have had a day together, and nice to spend some quiet time together after a fun day.




Christmas shopping and tree 082_r

1 comment:

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a great day!