Monday, December 12, 2011

December 12: Christmas Gifts Under $30

Day 12: Shopping ideas from places and people I know and love


I have a few go-to places and shops that I love to check out when I'm looking for a great gift. Several are local to the San Francisco area. Two others are artists and artisans I like a lot :)

Kris Nations works in SF, and she's an ad agency lady who started her own business. I own a few of her pieces, and have been eyeing this one for a bit. At $29 for the necklace and $27 for the earrings, these are a really great deal on sale. If you are looking to spend a little more, check out her freaking drop dead cool dahlia necklace...
Kris Nations: Small Wildflower Necklace for $29

2. Jessica Swift Prints
Jessica is out of Atlanta, Georgia. She does some amazing art, and after having followed her blog for a few years, you find out she's also an extremely inspirational person. Her joy and positive outlook are infectious. I love this prints, which is priced at $18 each. She has a ton of others, along with calendars, coasters, and rain boots.
Jessica Swift's 'king of the mountain' print, $18
 3. Gama Go
Another SF original, Gama Go makes absolutely awesome shirts, home goods, and they are always a go to place for hilarious gifts. They have a whole section of gifts under $15 on their site.

Gama Go's Flavor Savers for $8.
4. Oaklandish
Oaklandish makes T-shirts that highlight East Bay pride. I grew up on that side of the bay and love the 925 and 510 area codes. Back in the day we all shared the 415, but oh well. Anyway, check out these shirts, which come in for $22 for little ones. I love this "Bird on Stump" shirt!
Oaklandish's "Bird on Stump" Toddler T for $22
5. Goat Milk Stuff soap
I ran into Goat Milk Stuff a few years ago on a blog, and tried it on a whim. Wow, I used to have very dry itchy skin and their Purity soap has made an amazing difference. Get this...I don't use anything else to clean my face. Just soap. They have a cool gift pack that comes in at $20. You get to pick the scents, too :)

Goat Milk Stuff's Gift Pack for $20
6. Fox and Moon Tea
Zo is an amazing person, she's super passionate about tea, and yet we met since we've both worked in ad agencies as project managers. Zo sources her own tea internationally, and she does a traveling tea room in addition to selling her tea at retail shops. On her site, she has a sampler set of 3 teas for $22. If you live in the area, she'll be at Renegade Craft Fair this weekend, too :)

Fox & Moon Tea Sampler for $22

So there are a "few of my favorite things." Do you have any favorite go-to gift sites or artists? Please share!

*I didn't receive any sort of compensation, samples, or other "payment" from these sites or artists. I just like their wares and wanted to share some gift ideas.

No comments: