Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gluten Free Tuesday: Gluten Free Bisquick

IMG_2447Last year, Bisquick came out with a gluten free version, and I must say, it's become a staple at our house. I don't need to tell you all the things that Bisquick can do; but I will say that this version of Bisquick is as tasty and reliable as the original.

In the last couple of months, I've seen Gluten Free Bisquick in various locations such as Safeway, Lucky, Target, and some of the smaller local markets. If you're going to be picking some up, be sure to check the price. One night, we saw it at Safeway for around $7.50 for a single box. If you get a "subscription" for it from Amazon, you can get it for less than $4 a box. I've set myself up for a subscription so I don't have to think about re-ordering.

To date, I've used Bisquick to make biscuits and pizza crust. And I made their Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie at Thanksgiving, which was a real treat.

Betty Crocker (makers of Bisquick) also has a bunch of recipes on their site. I'm thinking I may need to try their Strawberry Shortcake this summer. It sounds delicious!

No comments: