Last week I revealed the little re-do I did under our stairs, and I made reference to an easy art project I did to lighten up the space. A couple of years ago, I found a triptych style frame at Pier One in the clearance bin. It was scratched up, and it was missing glass in one of the frames, and one of the backings for the frame was missing. It was marked down to $5.
A tiny bit of paint, some glass from another frame, and some cardboard and the frame was like new. And then it sat for awhile after we moved.
The frame was the perfect width to fit over the side table, and so I got to figuring out the way to make it work.
Sean bought me these cool Dwell Studios Mandala place mats from Target for my birthday and I immediately knew I wanted the pattern to be something that was on display all of the time. I snapped 3 photos of them on my iPhone and dropped them into Instagr.am, and then printed them and popped them in to the frame. A little grosgrain ribbon, and voila! Updated art on the cheap!
Sharing on: Not just a Housewife, Sugar bee crafts, The DIY Showoff, Gingersnap Crafts, Somewhat Simple