Our October retreat theme was "Finding your Authentic Self" and we had a great day. Some of the key thoughts I took away from the day, in my own notes were:
- love unapologetically
- be impeccable with your word
- you can't control what other people think of you
- focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses
- your critics are the ones who love you
- wait long enough and people will amaze and impress you
- brick walls are there to show you how badly you want something
- "Experience is what you get what you don't get what you wanted"
These ideas and words are from several sources such as The Alchemist, Randy Pausch, and the book "Living your Strengths."
Here is one of the songs that we listened to - worth revisiting and sharing - it's Switchfoot's "Learning to Breathe":