Friday, December 18, 2009

Chickens Dance, The Pig Sings, and The Rat Gets Food

The Muppets were definitely one of my favorite shoes as a kid. They ranked right up there with Donnie and Marie. I was surfing around and came across this great scene from The Muppet Show:





I love what Kermit is saying here :) - he's embracing all that is good and right about his cast. He's playing to the strengths of his friends, and he clearly loves them all for who they are. In contrast, Sam the Eagle wants to find fault in things, wants to document reality harshly, he wants to be in control. But Kermit lives in the moment. He's grateful. He doesn't see a problem with the rat who wants to bring him lunch, he delights in dancing chickens and he sees the joy in a singing pig. He's accepting, saying that is "how things are around here."

I wish I could be more like Kermit, taking things for what they are, letting people be who they are, and taking delight in it all. In this holiday season, I will keep the spirit of Kermit in my heart and learn from him. His lesson is one of love and acceptance.

6 comments:

Holly Noelle @ Domestic Dork said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

I love the Muppets. Muppet Christmas Carol is my favorite version of A Christmas Carol and we're planning on watching it again Christmas Eve.

jennie.newland said...

I love the muppets christmas carol too! Dropping by from SITS, happy saturday share fest!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

As I recall, it wasn't always easy being green. Happy Holiday!

Stopping by from SITS!

Ms. Sarah said...

hi Dropping in from sits. Have a great weekend. Kermitt was my first love.

Sarah Nicole said...

Haha. That is so funny. And I love that Kermit loves his friends just the way they are. Such an amazing lesson for kids.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!!

P.S. I Love that you donate to charity based on each comment left. Such a sweet idea!

Liz said...

Too funny! I had forgotten how absolutely adorable that show was!