Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Not Easy Being Green and Other Updates

It's always frustrating when you make a mistake and really have no one to blame but yourself. Yesterday when I grabbed the dishwasher detergent, I pulled out the Greenworks Dish washing Liquid. I loaded the dishwasher, threw in the soap and turned it on. Then I left to go clean the living room.

When I returned, I was horrified! Who knew that dish washing liquid (not the same is dish washing detergent! and it says "not for use in automatic dishwashers" right on the side!) would create big, fluffy bubbles of cartoon proportions that would cause the dishwasher to overflow? When I came in to the kitchen, there were suds and water all over the floor. I stood there stupefied, and then we grabbed towels to soak up the mess. Four big towels later, the water was gone, but we still had a ton of suds to deal with, both inside the dishwasher and out.

There were also suds seeping out from below the dish washer. We pulled back the metal footer and discovered that the entire area beneath the washer was full of bubbles, too! Two more towels later, we had most of that cleaned up.

We rinsed the dish washer again and again, letting it suck the water out, and then refilling it with fresh water. Finally the suds subsided. We pulled out the fan to dry the kitchen out. I would never have imagined that dish washing liquid could create such a mess. But now we all know, and I won't ever make that mistake again.

I've also been hard at work on a new venture with my co-worker, Chrissy. We've decided to start a business together!! We'll still keep our day jobs :) but we've already had a ton of fun working on plans for the other work. Right now, we're waiting for our logo to be finished by an art director friend. As of right now, we're planning on a site, Etsy shop, and a blog full of things that inspire us. I promise to reveal more in the next days or weeks to come!

5 comments:

wherethewind said...

Was "The Sorceror's Apprentice" playing in the background? Oh, and did Mickey Mouse show up wearing a wizard's hat?

Paula said...

ROFL Adam! That's hilarious :) We totally needed a wizard on the scene.

Sheri said...

Ohhh the horror of cartoon proportions right in your own kitchen! I have soooo done this. When I was in college (and drunk at the time) I decided to wash dishes and well I grabbed the wrong soap and the same damn thing happened. Though, it was kind of fun lol

Kathie @ my net finds said...

oh no! at least you got it cleaned up! that is something that would happen to me :-)

I can't wait to see your etsy shop, I love Etsy!!!

Liz said...

Oh no! Glad that no serious damage occurred!