Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Father's Love: Team Hoyt

Over the New Years retreat, Father Rusty asked if we could play this video.





We played it after a set of small group sessions, and since each team seemed to stagger in separately, I got to see it six times. Each time, full tears streamed down my face. Each time, I was in awe of this father's love for his son.

Team Hoyt is made up of Dick (age 65) and Rick (age 47) Hoyt - the two entered their first race together because Rick wanted to participate in a charity run for local lacrosse player who had been paralyzed in an accident in 1977. The video above is from a full IronMan race. And, here is their story from the IronMan:



4 comments:

calista said...

My Redeemer Lives, is one of my all time FAVORITE songs, loved this!
Thanks for stopping by!

Liz said...

So inspiring! Thanks for sharing this!

nowealthbutlife said...

That video is amazing. I want to be able to love (and fight for the people that I love) that way.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

One of my all time favorite songs...love it...no matter who sings it...
Hope you will stop by my blog and meet baby Jack, our little miracle.