Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Time Lapse of a Winter Scene

I discovered this lovely time lapse video on Vimeo ... the music, the scenes, everything in this video is gorgeous. I love that when time is sped up, we see new things. When nature is silent and dark, patterns and images appear that we never see. This reminds me to look again at things with new eyes, to not take for granted the beauty of Creation. We can choose everyday to walk along in a haze, or choose to take in the scenery around us.



Time Lapse of Winter Scene from mockmoon on Vimeo


One of the things I'm working on for this weekend's retreat is imagery that exemplifies "The Wilderness." Generally speaking, we associate the wandering of the Isrealites and Jesus in a desolate, hard landscape. They fend off temptations, harsh climate, and much testing.

Yet, the journey of these people contains more than meets the eye. While they are tested, they learn. While they are challenged, they are met with steadfast love.

It all depends on the lens through which we view things. Nature can be cold and foreboding or stunning in its stark beauty. Our own trials can be insurmountable or they can lead us to new heights.

How do you see things?

8 comments:

Joy said...

It probably depends on my mood and what's going on to determine how I see things. Most of the time it is with hope and positivity.

Beautiful video. Thanks for sharing it. And welcome to the SITS community!

Lisa M said...

I have been through so much in my life, that in order to get through it sane, I had to totally rely on God and see each day of trials as a way to put me through the fire so I come out refined. I may be going through hard times now, But as long as I rely on God and follow His will, the end result can only be a blessing from God.

Lisa M said...

Oops. Forgot to mention that I dropped in to welcome you to SITS! Have a great day!

Brandy said...

Welcome to SITS!

K said...

What a beautiful post.

I feel like a see the world differetn now that I have a toddler - it like seeing it all for the first time again.

Welcome to SITS!

Liz said...

Beautiful video!

I tend to see things positively. I feel that God never gives you more than you can handle. There are days that I just want to breakdown but I don't. I just keep living and believing.

So Not Mom-a-licious said...

The moment the scenes started playing I instantly felt hopeful. I am a nature lover though and being in the wilderness always makes me feel calm. With that said, I re-read your post 3 times. For some reason it was very inspiring to me and I had a sense of change. The need to change within myself. So thank you for that. This was a great post and I am going to figure out how to copy that video.

I stopped by to give you a big welcome to the SITS community. It is a great way to connect with fellow bloggers. Glad you joined!

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

Hello! Popping in from SITS to say Welcome!! Great video :)