Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve! Updates on presents and carpets

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! My presents are wrapped and ready to go, and I need to give a big thanks to two folks on the internet who helped with ideas for Christmas gift wrapping this year - Cuore, who made the very cute felted critters (yay! handmade!), and Nicole at Making it Lovely who posted ideas about gift wrap on her site.
Christmas wrapping 2008
I can't wait to give these :)

Last week I made mention of some carpet cleaning concerns here at home. Yes, the carpets are about four years old. They were cream. They got dirty. So, I was looking for a way to be both Earth friendly in the cleaning, and avoid bringing bad chemicals into our home. What I decided, after looking at prices for renting, etc, was that purchasing a Bissell at Target for $79 made sense. Renting would get near $65 (or a lot more), and paying to have it done would be likely near $400. While it meant that me and my guy did the work ourselves, it also meant that we chose our cleaner (Bissell Multi-Allergen, which is rated as safe by the US EPA) and we did a finishing clean rinse on the carpet, after we cleaned it. I'm really pleased with the results. The picture shows the before on the bottom, and the after on the top. Amazing.

1 comment:

pve design said...

Oh, I just came here via Nicole at Making it lovely and your gifts look wonderful. I was inspired by her too!